Twin Rivers News
Noralto Mission Statement
Within a safe and orderly learning environment, Noralto School strives to enable its students to reach their highest potential while promoting good citizenship, social responsibility and an appreciation of cultural diversity.
7:30am to 4:00pm Every Day
Check Out "Our Parents" Section!
Have you checked out our "For Parents" section?
We have great information on:
- Our Parent Education Hour
- Our ELAC and School Site Council
- Resources and websites for kids
- and so much more!
Click HERE to visit "Our Parents" section now!
Twin Rivers Unified School District Nondiscrimination Statement
Twin Rivers Unified School District programs, activities, and practices shall be free from unlawful discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, ethnic group identification, age, religion, marital or parental status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or gender expression; or on the basis of a person’s association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
If you believe you have been subjected to discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying, you should immediately contact the school site principal and/or Director of the Student Services (CCR Title 5 and Title IX Officer), Rudy Puente, at 916-566-1620 or email@example.com. A copy of TRUSD uniform complaint or TRUSD non-discrimination policy are available upon request.
If you believe you have been subjected to discrimination, harassment, intimidation, or bullying, you should immediately contact the school site principal and/or Superintendant of Human resources/Labor Relations (CCR Title 5 and Title IX Officer), Dr. Jacqueline Perez at 916-566-1736 or firstname.lastname@example.org. A copy of TRUSD uniform complaint or TRUSD non-discrimination policy are available upon request.
Noralto / Johnson Walk to School Day 2015
Attendance = Success!
Excusing Absences is Easier Than Ever!
Write Us! Send a note with your child
Call Us! (916) 566-2700, then dial "2"
Email Us! Click Here
Remember to include:
Your Child's Name, You Child's Teacher, The Date(s) of the Absence(s), The Reason for the Absence(s), and Your Name
All absences must be reported to us within 5 school days of returning to school. After that, the absence will be unexcused and cannot be changed. Thank you!
School Hours - We have new schools hours for the 2015 - 2016 school year!
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday - School starts at 8:20AM and ends at 3:02PM
- Every Wednesday - School starts at 8:20AM and ends at 1:02PM
- Our parking is very limited! If possible, walk to school with your child. Exercise before school prepares children to learn. If you must drive, we encourage our parents to use the parking lot at the T&Y Shopping Center located across the street on Norwood Ave. We have a crossing guard helping everyday before and after school. Avoid the traffic!
- Remember, Noralto School is a uniform school. Every student is expected to be in full school uniform EVERY DAY! To view our uniform policy and to see what clothing is permitted, click HERE!
School Breakfast / Lunch
- Remember, federal law prohibits sharing of any cafeteria food. You may purchase additional school breakfast and lunches for yourself or for siblings.
- Lunch prices have changed. To view the new price list, and for other Nutrition Services Department information, click HERE!
Tips For A Great Day at School
- Leave Early - Give yourself plenty of time to get to school, have your child eat breakfast, and find where you need to go. YOU DON'T WANT TO BE LATE!
- Lining Up - Your child will line up on the playground in the line with their room number. Our first bell rings at 8:15AM and school starts at 8:20AM. BE EARLY!
- After School - School ends at 3:02PM (1:02PM EVERY WEDNESDAY). For the safety of our children, our gates remained closed until school is dismissed. Please wait outside the gates until 3:02pm. Remember that Kindergarten students MUST be picked up and signed out from their classroom. 1st and 2nd graders are dismissed from their rooms. We encourage you to pick a place other than our front office where you want your child to wait for you to be picked up. KNOW YOUR MEETING SPOT AFTER SCHOOL!
the player will be placed here
Home Repair Resources
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Sacramento is dedicated to helping families in our community through a wide range of services, including building homes, repairing homes, and preserving homes.
Habitat for Humanity's Neighborhood Revitalization Program works with existing homeowners who have difficulty maintaining their homes. Services include home repairs, weatherization, and exterior beautification, such as exterior painting, fence replacement/repair, landscaping, minor exterior repairs, and more.
For more information, click here.
To view the application for this program, including a checklist of required documents, click here.
"Gratitude turns what we have into enough...and more. It turns denial into acceptance,chaos into order, confusion into clarity; it makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."
Noralto School wishes to thank the following organizations for their commitment to our students:
On behalf of our student and families, we wish to thank The Vanir Foundation for their financial support in the form of school uniforms. Because of the Vanir Foundation, Noralto School is able to ensure every student arrives at school prepared to succeed. If you would like more information about the Vanir Foundation and the amazing programs they support click HERE!